B.Sc.Medical Laboratory Technology
Dr. Kamakshi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
AERB Recognised Center
Admissions Open For 2021-22
Dr. Kamakshi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research announces the opening of Admissions for the academic 2021-22. Interested Candidates aspiring for UG, PG and Diploma courses may pay the application fee by clicking the link below, fill up the application form online with payment details and submit the same. Selected candidates will be informed by with further instructions.
B.Sc.Medical Laboratory Technology
Table of Contents
The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University
The NABL Accredited Laboratory, Government of India
The objective of this program is to conduct various diagnostic laboratory tests, analysis and provide vital information about the status of an individual’s health.
This course gives rise to a rather recent and attractive career option in the form of medical laboratory technologists who will have options to join as perform and analyze clinical biochemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology tests, histopathology in India & abroad. They could serve as
- Laboratory Technologists - Government and private medical colleges, Superspeciality hospitals, Blood banks, Stand-alone laboratories, biotech companies and research institutions always have vacancies for lab technologists. The technologists could branch out into a single specialty such as Biochemist Technologist and Clinical Pathology Technologist. They could also join as Blood bank technologists in the department of Transfusion medicine.
- Depending on their performance there could be a rapid ascend in their career path to Senior positions such as Senior lab technician/Technical assistant, Senior technical assistant/technical supervisor, Research associate and Lab manager.
- Laboratory Medical Coders - who work to encode the medical charts and records of patients and assigning each lab procedure with an accurate and corresponding medical code.
- Quality Management executive/ Quality manager- Hospitals and Laboratories will be eager in selecting candidates who have undergone their training in Institutes attached to NABL accredited laboratories.
- Application Specialists in the Manufacturing/Service sectors of laboratory equipment’s
- Tutor in educational instituitons
- Overseas opportunities in abundance
- Post-graduation options include
- MSc Mlt
- MSc Clinical Chemistry
- MSc Clinical Microbiology
- PGD in Biomedical Lab Technology
- PG in Healthcare Administration, Hospital Management
- Lab technicians can also go for specialisation such as Cytotechnologist who have focus on a general variety of diseases found by using a microscope to detect abnormalities in human body cells. The average remuneration for a radiography technologist ranges 2.4 – 3.5 LPA.
3 Years course of study
1 Year compulsory
Minimum 17 years completed
A pass in higher secondary course (+2) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects or an equivalent with 12 years of schooling from a recognized board of school examination with minimum of 45% of marks in each subjects.
Condition for Eligibility
Candidates those who are NOT belonging to Tamil Nadu State or NOT COMPLETED their higher secondary course or other equivalent examinations under Tamil Nadu State Board seeking admission into the course should obtain the eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai prior to admission, which is mandatory.
We're eager to hear from you
Academic Administrative Office,
New Building 4th Floor,
Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital Campus,
No:1 Radial Road,Pallikaranai,